Written by Loraine Despres
Directed by Ray Austin
1989: As party-goers below get ready to welcome in the new year, Duncan MacLeod and Walter Reinhardt (Christoph Ohrt) duel atop the skyscraper. Duncan narrowly escapes losing and Reinhardt ultimately plummets into the harbour far below.
1992: An exotic-looking woman, Rebecca Lord (Vanity) comes into the antique store interested in purchasing a rare sword and challenges MacLeod to a ‘friendly’ fencing match later to test the blade and its provenance. Tessa isn’t amused, but as Lord isn’t an Immortal, Duncan is intrigued enough to agree to the meeting. During their match, Duncan notices a signature sword move he recognises as Reinhardt’s and it becomes clear his past is coming back to haunt him.
But is Rebecca part of a plan to kill MacLeod or a pawn herself? With both Tessa and Richie targeted, MacLeod will have to decide his next move quickly…
Also featuring: Ken Kramer (as Doctor Kramer), Kevin McNulty (as Harry Dawes), Tim Reid (as Sgt. Bennett), Elizabeth Claridge (as Molly Parker), Christianne Hirt (Angie Burke), Michael Cavers (as Nobleman), Shirley Broderick (as Noblewoman), Patrick Stevenson (as Street Punk)
1. Prow Restaurant – at Canada Place, 999 Canada Place #100, Vancouver [49.289194,-123.108673] (no longer there)
2. Outside antique store – Blood Alley Square, Vancouver [49.283085,-123.105154]
3. Rebecca Lord’s house – Aberthau house, 4397 W 2nd Ave, Vancouver [49.271483,-123.205051]
5. Seacouver skyline – looking north from Choklit Park (approximately), Vancouver [49.265662,-123.128910]
6. Dawes Wholesale used car lot – Bridge Studios lot, Burnaby [49.262901,-123.021091]
7. Antique store rear exterior – entrance to Sound Stage 3, Bridge Studios, Burnaby [49.263257,-123.019589]
8. City streets, night (Duncan MacLeod driving) – past New Dodson Hotel, 25 E Hastings St, Vancouver [49.281444,-123.103575], then past Save On Meats pig sign, 43 W Hastings St, Vancouver [49.281838,-123.106113]
9. Inter-cut of Duncan MacLeod driving home – past 131 Water St, Vancouver [49.284084,-123.107580]
10. Street, night (Richie Ryan & Walter Reinhardt) – Trimbel St, next to Aberthau House, Vancouver [49.271577,-123.205724]